Tuesday, February 5, 2008

PMS at 8?!




Oh... my.... goodness! We are currently expeirencing what could be PMS. Or bratty-ness. Or spoiled child syndrome. Or maybe Lexi IS a normal 8 year old and I just need to put my big girl panties on and deal with it! Every Sunday morning we have a knock down, drag out fight about what she is going to wear to church. EVERY SUNDAY. It doesn't matter what I want her to wear, it's never what she wants. So every Sunday we all go to church extremly mad at each other and we don't have our arms folded because we're being reverent, it's cause we can't stand each other! This Sunday Lexi went to church with her arms folded and shivering because she had to take a "naughty shower" about 20 minutes before we had to leave.

We got into it again this morning about... wait fot it.... her clothes! Should I let her wear short sleeves to school when it's 8 degrees outside?! Not to mention that she wears the same 5 shirts over and over when she has about 35 in her closet!!!!! AAAGGGHHHH! I hope there are no more snow days any time soon.

We do fight about other things, but apperently this is what is really bothering me right now... Don't get me wrong, she is the most fabulous child ever! I guess that's why I get so upset when she's naughty. And I am totally not prepared for the "mom is SO un-cool" stage. When did I get lame???

4 comments:

Erin said...

Oh Summer, you've been lame for a long time. Just kidding. An 8yr. old girl has the right to be pick with clothes - My kids? Macie is 3 she can't have opinions yet! And two boys? Get real - you are boys! You can't care what you are in, you ruin it no matter what. Let me just dress you for crying out loud!
Good luck with that fight, or just send her to my house - she can wear whatever she wants!

Mom/Lisa said...

Well....Welcome to the real world of growing children...and ya know sometimes coming to an agreement together ..she wears something you and she wears something she wants...like you pick the pants..let her pick the shirt and change around like that...then both should be happy ..and if that doesn't work ..ALL I CAN SAY...IS HANG IN THERE..IT GETS BETTER AND BETTER!!! LUV YA!!

Jess and the KIDS!!!! said...

summer,
well you could be like me the meanest mom in the world and say LOOK missy here are two outfits choose one or I will for you...and do it the night before so you have time to sleep out the anger issues!!! No lexi is a normal 8 year old girl. I was chatting with traci fulsom(2nd ward) and we discovered taht are girls are Normal after all and we need(at least I do) more happy pills before I take on puberty:). BTW the girls need to get together so I can be a nice mom and tell mackenzie that Lexi has come over THIS year(an agument we had about 2008!) anyways take care,Jessica

Tiff said...

I love you're blog sum but i have to admit...even speaking about this 8yr old drama is enough for me to need a valume....let alone reading it again on your blog!!! Its scary to know whats comming, and as we said before---we knew it would when our mothers cursed us with girls like ourselves....i was just hoping that it wouldnt happen until atleast 17 almost 18!! Now i know i only have 7yrs 6mo 7days 5 hrs 30min and aprox. 46 seconds.......WAY TO CLOSE!!! GOT A VALUME???