Monday, March 3, 2008

Home again, Home again

Oh what a week! The girls survived. Lexi only got made fun of a little bit on Wednesday, but it was by boys, and what do they know about hair anyway? Justin even sent me pictures of the hair do's. Impressive. They even had matching hairbows in! What a guy! So all went well then... Um, NO! Justin was not feeling well as I was getting on the plane; he was complaining that his body hurt and he felt weak. Ooohhh! He was love sick! Gonna miss me SO much! So, I kissed him and got on the plane anyway... I checked my phone in SLC and was getting texts from him about how bad he felt. I told him to go to the doctor. Usually, he will then stop complaining(not a huge fan of the doc). It didn't work this time. By the time I had landed safely in Spokane (which, by the way, I had to ride all the way it the back of the plane, next to the toilets... such glamor!) Justin had a fever and was about to die. On Wednesday I was sitting in one of my classes and I got another text... he was going to the doctor! I knew it was bad, then. I called the airline and got a flight out for Thursday morning at 6:30. In the meantime, Justin was diagnosed with influenza and sent home with a prescription for Tamaflu.
At this point I will ask you to recall the movie Home Alone. Remember when the mom is trying to get home to Kevin? She tries to fly and it doesn't work out, she hitches rides with strangers, etc... You get the picture. So I flew safely and quikly to SLC (sitting not by the bathroom this time, but by a rather large, very smelly man) where I was informed that no one would be flying into Idaho Falls. Stupid freezing fog. So I called both of the shuttle places and they weren't leaving SLC for at least 3 hours... then I called every car rental place in SLC. The problem is that I only wanted a one way rental (!) and apparently this is nearly unheard of in the car rental world. I finally found one avaliable at Avis for a whopping sum of money. I got to the counter and was told... wait for it... "We gave your rental to someone else!" AAAGGGHHH! I had a minor meltdown at the customer service counter and amazingly enough, she "found" another car for me! It just happened to be a red VW beetle... a convertible! Too bad it was 35 degrees outside! So I finally, finally made it home at about 3:30... without my bags. I had to leave them on the plane in SLC, but was assured that as soon as they came into Idaho Falls that someone would call me. At 12:30 AM, Delta delivered them to our front door. Very nice. When I opened my bag the next morning my lotion had exploded all over the entire contents of my bag. I am not making this up, people.
So that's the end of my journey. Justin has informed me that I can never go anywhere without them again... and after all that, who wants to?

3 comments:

JC Photography said...

Oh my gosh, you weren't kidding when I talked to you earlier! What a "FUN" trip you had! Glad you all survived, even if it was just barely!

Jess and the KIDS!!!! said...

Oh Summer, What a trip and homecoming. It never fails when the mom goes out of town something always comes up unexpectedly. Glad the g irls survived and hope Justin is feeling better. The word is that the ifluenza virus this year is hitting late and is a different strand than before. So the vaccines didn't work anyways. Hope the rest of you are feeling okay.
Jessica

Erin said...

Summer, I am so sorry, but that is funny. What a good wife to come home. I probably would have told Chris to buck up and then find him on his death bed when I got home. Glad to hear that he is feeling a bit better. Hope you can keep from getting it.