Wednesday, March 5, 2008

What happened?!





This is what Lexi looked like when I got home from work yesterday. This is NOT how I sent her to school! She was playing tag with her friends when some naughty little boy (who was not playing tag with them) ran up behind her and pushed her down. She landed on a patch of ice and scraped up her face and both hands pretty bad. This is how it looked this morning, much better than last night. It was pretty swollen when I got home. I freaked out. I know, shocking, huh? Did I mention the girls have a dance competition on Saturday?! I know that she will do so well with her dancing that no one will even notice her ow-ie... A silver lining; no school pictures any time soon! :-) When I was in 3rd grade I did a cherry drop off the HIGH bar on the playground and landed on my face (I had super bad road rash right under my nose so it looked like red snot that needed to be wiped off... sexy), however, school pictures were the very next day! I will never forget that!

I am super glad that this happened when I was home from my little journey... I know that somehow I would have blamed Justin for it if it happened while I was gone!

3 comments:

Megan and Alyvia said...

Poor Lexi, oh well it just shows how tuff she is!! And I'm sure it won't phase her one bit at her dance competition, she'll still rock!

JC Photography said...

I agree, she'll totally rock the competition. You are right though. When you were telling me about it I was shocked that little meanie would push her. It's probably because he has a big crush on her, she's so dang cute!

Mom/Lisa said...

I'm so sorry for that cute little cherry on your cheek!!! Did ya hop up and push him back??? Just kidding..well sort of...you still look very BEAUTIFUL and you will do great saturday!!! Luv Ya all!!!