Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Still Alive

Hey everone, I just figured I'd let everybody know we are still alive and kickin. It's been a pretty hectic couple of weeks around here and we haven't had much time to just hang out as a family.

School started and now Griffie is in "all day" school (1st grade), which made Summer sad but is really pretty nice. It makes it easier when I work graveyard shifts to get some sleep during the day now. Griffie loves school and already says she has a boyfriend. Unbelievable..........

Lexi is in 4th grade and is making me realize that she is a young woman now. She likes school but there is always DRAMA and now she's even shaving her legs......again Unbelievable.....I don't even want to talk about it anymore. It is nice that they both go to Groveland together because they do look out for each other.....I think, at least they say they do.

Summer has been incredibly busy because of the fair this past week. She was working at her work booth almost every day and we were both trying to shuffle the girls to dance practice in between jobs. Summer also found time to take an emergency trip to the ER twice! In case you forgot, she is pregnant and the time is rapidly approaching when Aiden will be here. Yes I said Aiden. Anyway, she started having contractions twice and so we had to get her to the hospital so that they could stop them. Bye the way, Thank you Nancy J. for helping out! She is now 30 weeks, but still too soon. The doctor said that if we can hold him in there for a couple more weeks we'll be good to go. Hopefully we can keep him in there for more than a couple of weeks, but if he should decide to come then he has a good chance (90%) of being perfectly healthy. So she has been taking it easy the past few days and is on medication to keep her contractions at a minimum.

As for me, I have also been pretty busy. In between taking the girls to dance and Summer to the ER I worked every night of the fair. The carnies didn't cause much of a ruccus this year, but it was a long week. I had to work bike patrol around the fair one of the nights and my butt is still sore. You can't just hop on a bike and ride around for 8 hours and not have a sore butt. You have to gradually work your way into it.......or get a banana seat and a big butt pad for the bike, which is what I did. I had a banana seat, a horn and a basket on the front.

Anyways, we are all doing well and hope all of you are well. Also I think we've decided for sure on the name Aiden. I was pulling for a more manly name like Sven Von Olefson Dance or Maximus Urlacher Dance or Maximillius Ditka Dance but Summer wouldn't let me. But I think we both agree on Aiden.........for now. I guess we'll see. Anyways, I've attached a few pics for your viewing pleasure.

First Day of School





Griffie with her Teacher


At the Fair with cousin Karter







On the Ferris Wheel....kinda Scary

4 comments:

JC Photography said...

Justin - you are funny, I'd like to have seen the banana seat, basket and horn on your tough-guy bike. Let me know if you need any help with getting the girls to dance. I'm happy to help! If anything I can atleast get them there!

MJCastleton said...

Wow..Justin! So impressive you are one of the journalists in your family. AND, you participate in dancing too! Good for you. Summer, PLEASE keep that baby a few more weeks. I'll be praying he cooks longer! Good luck to your family! You are all beautiful!

Erin said...

Don't forget I'm right here! I'd love to help! I didn't know Summer had been having problems already. It's those old lady crafts that did it to her isn't it! I knew she shouldn't have sat in a booth with all that needlework!

ALICIA said...

You are to funny Justin!! LOL! I am impressed as well that you update the blog.
Wow, we can totally relate to the leg shavin' and everyday DRAMA....we feel your pain and agony.....we are right there with ya....and to think they are ONLY 9!!!!
Hmm, banana seat eh?
Tell Summer and the girls Hi!