Wednesday, September 17, 2008

6 Quirks...

Okay... this is kinda hard. I asked Justin to help me out and he is sitting on the couch eating his jerky with no suggestions... so I guess I have to think of my little weird-isms all by myself.
1. The toilet- the lid MUST always, always, always be DOWN when the toilet is not in use. Do you know how many germs are just hanging out in there?! EW.
2. Like Erin, I too pee with the bathroom door open. Sometimes this can pose a problem... our upstairs bathroom can be seen right into when someone walks into the front door. If Justin or the kids walk in the door and have a friend with them, well you get the picture.
3. Apparently I tend to exaggerate a tad bit. I have no knowledge of this. Justin has finished his jerky and is now full of ideas. I also LOVE the number 47 and when I am exaggerating tend to use this number when referring to how many times I've asked him to do something, how many times I did something, etc. It seems I can always find someway to throw in a number when exaggerating.
4. I'm paranoid. About everything. If Justin has a bloody nose, I KNOW it's because he has a brain tumor and may die. If I send the girls out to get the mail and they take longer than they should (approximately 47 seconds) then they have either been kidnapped or have fallen into the ditch. Lexi got stung by a bee yesterday and I KNEW she was going to have a severe allergic reaction (she is not allergic to bee stings) and I would have to call 911 and they are SO slow (the EMT's, not the deputies), her airway would close up and she would die. I made her sit by me on the couch for 45 minutes. I won't let the girls play in the play land at any fast food restaurants (it's a breeding ground for germs), especially the ones with the ball pits... I know they will jump in and be stabbed by a needle thrown in by a drug user that has AIDS and Hepatitis C and who knows what else. Or they could find a murder weapon someone tossed in there. You never know. How did I get this way? I don't know. But Justin loves me anyway.
5. Justin's PJ's. I thought all wives wore their husbands' PJ's. I don't know why, but they are SO much more comfortable than all my 47 pairs. And they fit over my belly. That's always nice.
6. I am a germ-a-phobe. Lexi was in the NICU for 5 weeks when she was born, and I know that's where this started. Before you go into the NICU you have to scrub your hands for 2 minutes. Then when the babies get out of the NICU they have to be in isolation because their immune systems are so weak. Anyway, 9 1/2 years later I still have this "problem". When I get home from anywhere, I go straight to the kitchen sink and wash my hands. I use more hand sanitizer than I do hairspray! I was informed this evening that Griffin is following in my footsteps. We were at back to school night and her teacher told us that she uses her hand sanitizer (she has her own bottle) obsessively. I see nothing wrong with this.
So those are my six things... now I want to read about all of yours!

3 comments:

Erin said...

I could totally hear you talking in my head when I read that - it made it all the more funny! Loved your quirks, I think I like this tag because it proves to myself that I am not the only "oh so normal" person out there! Thanks for the laughs.
Diddo on the toilet lid down, I freak out when the kids flush before it gets put down. "Ew" as you would say.

MJCastleton said...

That is funny! I have the whole "think of the most extreme worst thing that could happen with every situation and then obsess about it" syndrome! Also...my number is 23 with exaggeration. Or...3. There always has to be three choices, three reasons, three WHATEVER!

Sam and Ash said...

okay - my number is 15 - I had to laugh when I read yours - Adee always says "mom, I have asked you 15 times to......" I HATE hearing her repeat the dumb things I say...... :> Are you still in for scrapbooking? If Aiden allows???? :>