Sunday, May 16, 2010

Where'd the Weekend Go?

Well it was a very busy week at the Dance home. More so than usual. On Thursday Summer and I escaped from the kids for the night (Thanks Tiffy!) and had a romantic getaway at the Black Swan Inn in Pocatello. We had a nice dinner at Red Lobster and then went back to the hotel where we watched TV and stuff.....anyways, the room was the Garden Suite and it was really nice to just relax for a night.

Friday was Griffin's 8th birthday! Summer and I both had the day off and so while she took Griffin to lunch I took advantage of the great weather and got some flowers planted that we had gotten Summer for mother's day. We're hoping that the nice weather is finally here to stay.

Saturday morning we got up early and left for Lagoon. The girls had a dance competition that we go to every year there. This year we went down with my sister Tiffani and her kids, Karter and Kylie. We got to Lagoon at about 10:30 and the girls were finished dancing by about 1:30. The weather was great and we spent the rest of the day playing in the park and riding the rides.

One of the rollercoasters is called "Wicked." It starts you off by launching you 110'straight up into the air and then you come straight down and into some twisty turns. Although the line was long Tiffani and I decided we would be "weenies" if we didn't try it at least once. So we waited in line for about 30 minutes when the ride apparently had some "mechanical issues" or something and they closed it down for a while....apparently the "magnetic force" that holds the carts to the track wasn't working properly or something silly like that. Anyways we came back later and found it to be operating so we got in line again. Just before it was our turn there was another delay. Several people were in the carts just before it took off when the bars that hold you in started popping unlocked. They checked them a few times and apparently were satisfied that they were working so they started them up again. Now, nobody has ever accused me of being a genius, but I probably shouldn't have gotten on the ride after all of that........but I figured hey, if something happens I'll just try and aim my cart for the lake. So we ended up going on the ride and it was well worth the wait. My sister's wig almost came off so she spent the entire ride holding it on and I was spittin out words that have probably never been heard of before. Anyways, Lagoon was a blast. Everyone had a great time and we can't wait to go back.

For those who are interested, Griffin's baptism will be Saturday, June 5th at the Riverton Stake Center. I don't have the time yet, but will let you know soon. Here are a few pics from the weekend and I'll post more later this week.




0 comments: