Thursday, May 6, 2010

Blame Facebook

I'm not sure how many still faithfully update their "blog" like me.....ha ha.......but I've decided to start up again more so as an online journal of sorts for the family. I guess it's been easier to update my Facebook status than post a new entry on the blog! Anyways, I won't let the girls have Facebook accounts yet because I'm "mean" and want them to be "outcasts" for the rest of their lives amongst their friends. Someday I hope they will realize that I'm probably the "coolest" dad they'll ever have.........but really I won't let them have Facebook accounts because I just don't trust other people. I would, however, let them post on the family blog if they wanted to.

Sometimes I wonder if my kids realize just how "good" they have it. Do they know that applications like "email" haven't always existed? When I was a kid if I wanted to talk to someone far away I actually had to write a letter on paper, walk it out to the mailbox, wait 3-5 business days until they received it, and then wait until they mailed me a letter back using the same process! WAY HARDER than email!

Anyways........I'm happy to say that all is well in the Dance household. Summer has a new boss at work (as of 5 months ago) and is still enjoying working with all of the grandparents. She's very good at what she does and the program is lucky to have her.

Lexi and Griffie are both doing well in school and excited for it to be over soon. Lexi has had some "girl drama" this year and has experienced "bullying" issues, but has weathered the storms well and wil enter the 6th grade next year. They both are still in dance and have some fun competitions coming up soon. Lagoon is this month on the 15th, and Stadium of Fire is July 3rd in Provo. Carrie Underwood is performing this year..........so I guess I'll go.

Aidan is a "wild man" and is into everything. He has recently taken a liking to "Toy Story" and now thinks he is "Buzz Lightyear." He literally thinks he can fly.......off of the chairs, tables, counters, etc.

As for me, things continue to go well. Work is busy and lately we've had our share of SRT and STAR call-outs to liven things up a bit. I have some training opportunities coming up in Boise this summer, so I'm looking forward to that.

Summer is fast approaching........I hope......... and we are looking forward to planting the garden, working outside and having some barbecues.

We hope all is well with everyone and look forward to "bringing the blog back!"

0 comments: